A POEM - HERE TO THERE


How I have been searching for that place
In books, seminars, symposiums, and sermons
Just to place my finger on the location on the map
To be able to just say 'there it is'
Not mindind the thousands of abstract kilometers between here and there

Not minding the arduous labour it will take
The hours of strain and stretching to endure
The Humongous loads to bear
The weighty package to pull through
But then, who ever places his hand on the plough and looks back will never commence.

So through it all, I will focus on the prize to claim and assume the price affordable.
Am sure it won't be a stroll but whatever worthwile has come forth from one
Am revved up and fired; rearing to roar into action.
I see it taking shape now.
Its no more a mirage or a myriads of blurs.

I feel every tendon of my hand as my pointing finger leaves its cohort to point the there to live.
The allure of the here to leave sates and the comfort of now contorts will but proceed I must 
I see there now, the there awaits with an outstretched arm
Am lunging forward, launching into the embrace of that place
Now so closely clear, yet so distant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRIT....

Welcome to Ocolc's Lair

Whats in a Kiss?